Pompey To Issue Letter To Premier League

Peter Storrie told Sunday's press that he has issued a letter to the Premier League to demand the transfer embargo be lifted.

Storrie recently told the media that he was disappointed that the Premier League wouldn't even let Pompey loan in players whilst the embargo is in force.

He has issed this threat because he believes that the Premier League "have absolutely no right to withold TV money in advance of future payments or payments to foreign clubs." He also believes that Pompey "have a very good case."

It was suggested in the media today that Pompey are threatening to sue the Premier League but a report on Soccernet (which seems to have great inside knowledge of PFC) states that Storrie is simply going to issue a "strongly worded letter" tomorrow morning.

Richard Scudamore, chief executive of the Premier League, told BBC Radio 5 Live that the embargo would only be lifted when Pompey could provide "watertight" contracts which showed that the debts had been settled. It has to be "absolutely nailed down, absolutely clear, absolutely concise" that Pompey don't have any outstanding payments to creditors.

Pompey are still owed £2 million of their TV money which Storrie believes the club is entitled to, and that it shouldn't be given to the clubs who are owed that money.

This is just the latest twist in the saga that is Pompey's season 2009/2010. I do question what the reprecussions are should Pompey "bite the hand that feeds them" so to speak and I think this may be an act of desperation from Storrie.

Next week promises to be very interesting.