Still can't get over it? Well, to distract you, here's how Pompey's internationals got on this evening.
- Andy O'Brien was an unused substitute as the Republic of Ireland crashed to a 1-0 home defeat to France.
- Mr Perrin won't be happy; he travelled to Spain to see new signing Vukic in action for Serbia, only to find out he didn't even make the squad.
- Everyone's favourite boo-boy, Azar Karadas, stayed firmly on the bench in his team's humiliating home defeat against rejuvenated Scotland. (At least Quashie didn't play).
- Richard Duffy played a half for Wales as they lost 1-0 in Poland. Ex-blue Carl Robinson was on the bench.
- Brian Priske was an unused substitute in Denmark's 6-1 win over Georgia. Ex-Pompey target Zurab Khinzanishvili was sent off after under twenty minutes for the visitors.
- Chalky failed to make the squad for Greece's game in Kazakhstan, a match the reigning European Champions won 2-1. They were helped by the late dismissals of two Kazakhstan players.
- Aleksandar Rodic played as Slovenia came from behind to beat Moldova 2-1.
- Former midfielder Alexei Smertin was sent off for Russia against Portugal. Little relevance to us, but I'm hoping Mark Storey might take the bait and say that following this dismissal Smerts is so angry he's reconsidering his options and might come here on loan.
Not the most exciting or successful of nights all round then really!